America's Birthday

Well, I'm still playing catch-up. I won't bore you with housewife talk because honestly, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. (Thank goodness for the crock-pot.)

Instead let's talk about the fun things we did this weekend, like eat ice cream!


The average temps around these parts have been HOT. Three days in a row we were greeted by a blast of 103 degrees dripping with humidity. It was pretty miserable, but then we found Orange Leaf - a bright, funky ice cream shop that introduced us to the Boba Ball. My husband would eat an entire bowl of them alone, if he could. They pop in your mouth and leave you with a refreshing burst of mango juice. (Or orange, or strawberry, if you wish.)

Anyway. We found this hidden gem after taking Levi to his very first splash park. I think he would have enjoyed it more had he been able to run all over. (No, at 16 months he's still not quite walking. He can get across a room but prefers to crawl. Anyone else's kid take their sweet time?)


Other weekend perks included Mario Bros on the wii, long naps, nachos, several episodes of Wild Boyz, a bbq with new friends, and a water balloon fight. 

To wrap it all up Michael and I enjoyed the fireworks show from our balcony - with the fireflies. We weren't able to be at the park due to Levi's earlier bed-time, but our own private viewing was pretty awesome, too.

What a great birthday, America. Thanks to our people for defending our freedom!

5 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

Your own private viewing sounds pretty sweet. Glad you had a good weekend. p.s. My grandson will be 15 months next week.

Jaimie said...

That ice cream looks awesome! And the pictures of Levi are so sweet. :)

Thanks to your hubby for being one of those who have helped defend our freedom. Independence Day means a lot more to me now that I have friends and acquaintances in the military. Glad you guys had such a fun day! :)

Gillian said...

i love ice cream. i eat it every day. for real, i have a problem. But i have never seen anything like those boba balls and i want to add them to my addiction! Beautiful pics too! (as always) Yeay summer!

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

You totally got me at the ice cream. I am now off to the kitchen to see if I can find some!

Jessica said...

great pictures!