Riley County Fair

Despite the sweltering 105 temps we braved the heat and paid a visit to the county fair. Free entertainment, people! 

We figured Levi would looooove the animals. He has a fascination with dogs so he should love all furry creatures, right? He giggled for this big eared guy, anyway. (I have a thing for ears... I died.) 


After a few minutes of nibbling and snuffing, Levi decided he wasn't a fan of the goat any longer. We tried again with a sweet baby pig, but he wasn't having it. Poor kid was over-stimulated and content to view from the safety of his stroller. 


It took all my strength not to steal a piglet. It would've been very Charlotte's Web. But then Michael reminded me that they grow up to look like their mama... and she was one big girl, if you know what I mean. 

The cows brought me back to Wisconsin. This mama and baby were snuggling... too cute.


Michael was upset we skipped the funnel cake. And Levi? He just wanted some corn.


Michael and I are going back on Sunday without Levi. (We actually have a sitter and plans for a REAL date!) It was painful not to ride the tilt'o'whirl or ferris wheel this time... even if they do cost 3 bucks a piece. 

So howbout you? Eaten a baked twinkie yet? Or does the thought of a giant, sweaty crowd make you cringe? 

5 comments:

Charlyn said...

Love the fair! Every part of it! Even the sweaty crowds. That's where you see some interesting people. Wish Grammy could've experienced it with her stinks, but maybe next time!

His hair is getting really blonde. :)

xo

Laura said...

Love the pictures, as always. Levi's shirt is hilarious. :)

Have fun! I can't wait to go to an amusement park again, even. We don't usually do fairs, but every once and a while we will. The last one we went to 2 summers ago was just too crazy for my taste. I can't imagine pushing a stroller around there. But it's a fun atmosphere!

Jaimie said...

Seward and York county fairs are coming up in August. I hope to go to both. :) I'm so glad you guys get a REAL date night!! Have a GREAT time. (If that was Joshua and I on the Ferris wheel I'd kiss him the whole ride. ;) )

The baby pig IS cute, but Michael's right...they grow up to be BIG pigs! Your baby is cuter, anyway. :)

Gillian said...

Oh man, I just died of cuteness overload! The goat and little piggy are enough, but then that shot of Levi in the stroller with all those curls?! O.m.g.....

krista.nicole said...

Oh my goodness, those little pigs. I want. Sooooo freaking adorable!