Welcome, Summer

 Hi, friends.

I'm still behind but feeling so much better. Today? Levi and I played. We played all day long and didn't worry about dishes, laundry, or bills. We tickled and chased and read books and went swimming... Levi was especially excited after he finished his lunch and ate a soft sugar cookie with brightly colored frosting! Now we're tired enough to collapse into bed and fall asleep with smiles on our faces, our day was so fun.

Tomorrow the sun will hang high above us and it will probably reach 100 degrees once more. For dinner we'll grill burgers, slurp watermelon, and nibble at corn on the cob before another swim. It's fourth of July weekend and we're looking forward to fireworks, parades, and fruit pizza.

I think it's safe to say summer is here. If we never stop smelling like sunblock, that'll be ok with me.

4 comments:

Mrs G said...

LOVE days like that :) and this picture of Levi is too cute!

Debbie Steele said...

sounds like fun!!! Wish it would warm up here... I want to swim!!!

krista.nicole said...

I seriously am obsessed with all your pictures. They capture such perfect moments!

Jaimie said...

Your baby is BEAUTIFUL. I love this picture. :)