Halfway

We're six months into Levi's life. Give us six more and we'll have a busy one year old on our hands. (I'm a little behind again with the monthly report... but hey, better late than never, right?)

Before this mark, whenever I was asked Levi's age I'd round up. For example, if he was three months and two weeks, I'd say four months. Now that we're over the halfway hump, I've got a feeling I'll be rounding down. He'll be six months forever, I swear.


Levi, however, has recently proved getting through a meal to be difficult unless he too has something to munch on. He wants big people food, bad.

He's teething something fierce, too. He chews, (or gums) on his fingers all. the. time. If he has his paci, he bites it. I've been thinking about picking up some ora-gel for the little guy as well, I can just see that bottom tooth about to cut.

We finally packed away the bassinet. I decided to wait until we moved to get him into his crib, thinking might as well do all the big adjustments at once. New house, new room, new crib... and he's doing great with it. I had to pick up a baby monitor and that thing is annoying. It's nice having our bedroom back to ourselves, but I do miss having my baby boy by my side. 

We have beautiful windows in this new apartment. They stretch from the floor to the ceiling, with little white ledges and trim. Levi quickly discovered he can perch himself in front of his while he plays, and watch all the cars zoom past below. I love working in the kitchen with this view... (and rainy, lazy mornings!)


Oh yeah, he plays now. All by himself. He'll play in his saucer, or with toys on his high chair. He's a regular ole self entertainer. I'm still trying to get over that. He's figured out how to make things light up and sing on the saucer, and is realizing he can make it happen again, and again, and again... it's so fun to watch him learn!

Happy six months little man! 

11 comments:

Mrs H. said...

Tater tot is so cute! Its fun watching them learn new things.

Just my opinion but you should try the teething tablets they worked wonders with my boys. I started off with oral-gel but it doesn't last but 15-20 mins.

Lacey said...

I don't know when this little man started growing up..but I'm aching to give him a big ole kiss after this post! :-)

I look forward to your posts (and pictures) more than ever now!

It's amazing to me how they grow, and I just have to add HOW much he's looking like his daddy!

Love you all..

Happy 6 months Tator Tot, wish I was there to play with you!

Debbie Steele said...

I use the teething tablets too, seem to work wonders! miss you guys! Tator Tot's so cute!!!

Susan said...

Tator to is one beautiful boy!
~Sue
http://armylifeadventures.blogspot.com

Amie said...

Oh boy! I don't know about you, but six months is my favorite age EVER.

And watch those Biter Biscuts, my daughter choked on those a lot and still has a problem with them. We get Baby Mum-Mums which seem to be less of a choking hazard because they don't crumble as much, and all the babies I know are crazy about them.
http://mummums.com/

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

He's such a handsome little dude. I can relate with you on the "counting up" part. I started doing it around eight months. Happy half birthday Tater Tot!

Nikolai Family said...

Aww... Tator Tot is such a big boy now. It's so cute how our babies can play on their own a little bit. They're growing up too fast though!! Miss you and hope the adjustments are all going well!

Charlyn said...

PEOPLE - the baby biscuit photo is a result of his Grammy begging to give him one and the result is one happy grandson! Mama was so nervous, but Grammy knew he was ready! :)

And I was there to witness him watching the cars zoom by from his bedroom window. So adorable.

I would also like to add that he now loves Pat-a-cake, Peek-A-boo, and Itsy Bitsy spider.

Overnight he is turning into a little toddler instead of a newborn. I imagine two months from now he'll be crawling. sigh.

Keep the updates coming mama! I miss him like crazy!!

xoxo Grammy

Maranda said...

LOL! That last picture is just precious!!!! He's so cute! Good thing Grammy gave him that biscuit! LOL!!! Congrats on growing up little man!

Kelli said...

Happy 6 months indeed!!! What an adorable little peanut!!! I have something for you over at my blog =)
http://briansgirl1999.blogspot.com/

Toni Marie said...

I love that little Tator Tot, and miss all of you so much! The pics are adorable! Give that little man a kiss from this gramma!