We Are Going To Be Ok (And That Feels Good)

We said goodbye to Michael on Monday morning. It was a lot harder than I remember it being our first deployment. I just could not stop crying.

 
Since then we have successfully managed to drive a moving truck (with our car hitched to it) from Kansas to Wisconsin. My in-laws made a trip down to help us pack, load, and drive back. We could not have done it without them - WHAT a job. I am so glad it's over with. (I hate moving. And goodbyes.)

Michael has arrived safely to his destination and I've gotten three phone calls from him. Levi and I are all moved in to my parents house for the next six months, and (knock on wood) so far everything is going smoothly.

I am adjusting to a busy schedule, and have so much tv to catch up on it's ridiculous. My mom and I have been preparing for a rummage sale, so between that, unpacking, shopping, taking care of Levi, and seeing my families - these last few days have been a blur. Saturday I have an interview with our local coffee shop, and I would start training next week already. Monday I am taking Levi with me to a military support group and next saturday I begin photo sessions again. (I haven't touched my camera in months. Instagram is where it's at.) On top of all that, I plan to start RUNNING to get rid of this weight. Monday Weigh-In posts are coming back and I am super excited!

Thank you LORD for distractions, a WONDERFUL husband and a great support system! We are so blessed!

8 comments:

Kayti said...

you are awesome.

i am so happy to see you thriving & back into blogging! :)

saying a prayer for all three of you tonight <3

Melissa said...

I'm proud of you! And I've found running to be extremely therapeutic these last months.

I'm going to give you some unsolicited advice. Choose a race and start training for that. You can use the C25K program, or, what I prefer, is Hal Higdon's (free) training plans. Google him.

AND...I've been using My Fitness Pal (website w/ apps for phones/ipod touch) for tracking calorie intake and exercise. The database is HUGE and it gets easier the more you use it. I've been on it for 40 days and I'm already down 9 pounds. YES. 9 POUNDS in 40 DAYS. If you decide to use it, message me and we can be friends and send each other encouraging messages. :)

HUGS!!! You're NOT alone and you WILL be okay!!!

Nikolai Family said...

Hey! I didn't realize you were going to be at your parents' house now. That's cool!

I'm excited that you'll be starting to take photos again!!

Running -- don't remind me! I need to start doing that more regularly. I only did it 2x this summer. On Tuesdays, there's story time at the library, so I'm going to try and walk over every week with Sonya (depending on weather). It's a good workout especially with that darn hill! You and Levi should join us!

Isabella Kiss said...

The three of you are in my thoughts and prayers. God is faithful and he will strengthen you and michael (and even levi!) in this tough time for you. Your an amazing woman and mother. You inspire me! God bless!

Jessica said...

saying a prayer for you!

Jaimie said...

Hon, I'm SO glad to read this, glad you're doing well. You are SUCH a strong woman and I am proud of you. You are exhibiting God's power and presence in your life, and that's fantastic!!

I will continue to be praying that the transition and settling in goes smoothly. Don't forget to call my mom about Bible study. :) You can start going next Thursday; I know she'll LOVE to have you!!

Hugs and love to you! <3

Andrea said...

Thinking about you and Levi, though the situation may not be the best I hope you are able to enjoy your time in Wisconsin and with family. And may your husband be nothing but safe and home soon :)

Laura said...

Sending you BIG hugs, friend.