We're Back

We made it to Wisconsin a day late, but safe. And tired, really tired.

We were supposed to leave at 8:40 PM Thursday, but there were tornadoes and flooding in the Milwaukee area. I grabbed a flight for the next afternoon, and even though it cost us getting an extra night at a hotel, I was so excited to get another day with Michael.

We were sad to say goodbyes again, but this time Michael will be with us in just two weeks. Plus, he has a cell phone now and can text whenever he wants. I've never appreciated modern technology more!

I have a butt load of laundry going, and just finished uploading pictures. My eyes are drop drop dropping, so I need to get to bed. I'll leave you with one of my favorite photos from the trip as a little "sneak preview".


You think he's in love with his daddy? I do. Michael quickly found that Levi's giggle may be the sweetest sound, and created a "crazy dance" that drives the little tot wild.

My boys love each other. I love them. They love me. Couldn't ask for more.

I'll finally be catching up on all of your blogs tomorrow, and I promise to post more photos! I'm looking forward to a small celebration for my 20th birthday with the family as well. My dad is making mexican, complete with guacamole and corn bread per my request. Yum! I'm so ready for a home cooked meal after all that fast food, and to finally be out of my "teens". (Although I think that ship sailed after getting married... ha.)

Sweet dreams!

16 comments:

Brigette said...

to cute.. glad you had a great trip and can't wait to see more pictures of it! Happy early birthday! It is awesome not having the word "teen" after your number anymore.

The Bailie Clan said...

TOO CUTE! Looks like he's rolling over laughing so hard! LOVE IT! So happy for your family!

Honey Bee said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! I'm glad everything went well. I'll be praying for you as you make your transition...for a church and friends quickly. : )

MaryFran said...

Great picture!

It's Something Beautiful said...

Glad to hear that you made it back safely! This picture is seriously just too cute! Cant wait to see more pictures soon :)

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

Carmen said...

I'm glad you made it safe and you had a great time!! I heard about all the flooding in Milwaukee from my sister and I saw pictures. It looked horrible! I absolutely love the picture, so cute!

Chelsi said...

Happy Birthday and YAY for your man being home!!!

Kasie said...

what a cutie pie. Glad you made it home safely. (to answer your questions... my daughter just got back from a mission trip to Mexico) I'm now following you too. Nice to meet ya! :)

Stacy said...

Hi Kayla Sue,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and stopping to say Hi! It is always so nice to meet new friends in this crazy world called blogging. I love your blog and you certainly have an adorable tater tot and precious husband. My husband and I are also High School sweethearts, together for over half our lives. I am in love with him more each day.

So glad to hear that your hubby is back on American soil. I can't even imagine how hard it must be an army wife. I am inspired by you all!

I'll keep checking back and hope to get to know you more as we get glimpses into each other's lives.

BTW...thanks so much for your prayers. God certainly is sustaining me and carrying me each and every day, as He does every one of His children!!

Love in Christ,
Stacy

Steph said...

Tator Tot is the cutest! After a deployment, modern technology does seem like the greatest thing ever.

Stephanie said...

What a precious picture!!!!!!!

I can't imagine being away from my husband that long - thank goodness for cell phones!

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog - your kiddos are ADORABLE!!! Those smiles and giggles will get you everytime :)

Amie said...

SO happy to hear that the boys are getting along so well :)

Debbie Steele said...

so glad you had a wonderful trip and the family was reunited!!!

Nicole said...

super cute picture! I'm curious though why you have to go 2 more weeks without him... I'm confused...

Kayla Sue said...

@ Nicole - he has to work for two weeks before he goes on block leave. We couldn't afford for me to stay down there in a hotel for the full two weeks, so I just went down for four days to see him and to apartment hunt and car shop. :)

Nicole said...

Ok, I follow now :)